Guided meditation provides a fast, simple and effective way of uniting with your inner source of wisdom and well-being. Your mind and body are wise and capable of getting exactly what you need at any given time.
Guided meditation often integrates powerful visualization, progressive relaxation and reflection techniques to help you achieve increased feelings of calm, peace, balance and profound relaxation.
Guided meditation helps you relax and replenish through:
1. Bringing your attention to your breath – this helps engage your parasympathetic nervous system which helps you relax. As you inhale and exhale with awareness your mind and body start to relax.
2. Focusing on this one moment – with guided meditation you are brought more fully into this one moment, allowing you to arrive fully in the NOW, with less pull to the past or the future. Healing happens in the present.
3. Minimizing external distractions – since you seek a quiet place to listen to your guided meditation, you tend to minimize external distractions which supports you to focus within.
4. Dedicating the time to your self-care – the act of intentionally listening to a guided meditation is in itself the claiming of time to nurture and care for yourself. This act creates a positive message that says “I am worthy of this time, I deserve to replenish”.
5. Engaging the relaxation response – guided meditations are designed to engage the relaxation response in mind and body through the use of progressive relaxation and visualization techniques.
You can create your own guided meditations through recording scripts you can find in books. Or you can purchase recordings that also have the added benefit of a skilled guided meditation facilitator combined with calming music. It can be fun and transformational to add guided meditation to your self-care and personal wellness toolkit.
Lynda Monk, MSW, RSW is Life and Wellness Coach dedicated to supporting helpers, healers and leaders achieve balance, well-being and fulfillment in life and work. She recently produced the Creative Wellness Guided Meditations CD which includes 6 Mini Retreats for balance, self-care, replenishment, clarity, relaxation and celebration. Visit http://www.creativewellnessworks.com to order your copy and to sign-up for the free bi-weekly Creative Wellness Tips and Tools newsletter and receive your free copy of “The Top 10 Tips for Balanced Living”
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Lynda_Monk