You can build your list simply by writing articles and Guest Posts for other blogs.
Simple Process for Articles
You write and submit your articles on your topic of expertise or business nature to popular article directories where eZine publishers and readers are looking for the information you provide.
Leveraging your marketing efforts on article writing can be rewarding, if done right. In the real sense, you are actually proving your worth and demonstrating your expertise about your business through the articles you write.
So, how can this method in effect build your mailing list?
The answer: the resource box you attach to your articles. In your resource box (also known as bio box), you include a brief detail about yourself and your business site together with its URL.
It is strongly suggested that your resource box URL links to your mailing list’s landing page where you can get your visitor’s name and email address, which will in turn help you build your mailing list at no cost.
Amazing content and valuable content will have eZine publishers eager to republish your articles together with your resource box for their readers and subscribers. The wonderful result: marketing without effort on your part! Start with these directories:
Top Articles Directories
- EzineArticles -The big daddy of article directories. If you could only choose one place to submit your articles, this would be a good choice. PR6
- Submit Your Article -This started as an article submission service, but has also turned into a high-quality article directory over the years. PR4
- Suite101 – Another monstrous article site. PR7
- Helium – An up-to-date article site. PR6
- ArticleDashboard -Another staple in article directories. PR5
Simple Process for Guest Posts
You write and submit your articles on your topic of expertise or business nature to popular blogs that are read by the same people you want to reach.
Start by becoming a reader of the blog, comment and/or email with writer/editor of the blog. Create a connection the same way you would with your potential readers. Once you feel you have created a relationship contact the writer/editor with a article created specifically for that blog.
You will be able to use the same resource box as your articles.
Spend a small amount of time searching for and reading blogs that will fit with you. Start with these top directories.
Top Blog Directories
1. Best of the Web Blog Search La Crem de la Crem, Best of the Web’s Blog Directory is very selective and only lists aged and valuable blogs. A link from here is majestic and well deserved.
2. Bloggeries has the best categories and subcategories home page on the internet. The layout is clear and concise, and readers are able to find what they are looking for in a snap!
I am really liking what Rob is doing with Bloggeries and this is bound to be one of the premier Blog Directories on the web.
3. EatonWeb Blog Directory is a real jewel with many aged inbound links and a blog rating system. You may have to pay a fee for your blog to be reviewed, but like Yahoo, the review fee is well worth the few dollars.
4. OnToplist.com is a free human-edited blog directory where you submit the RSS feed of your blog. You can also set up your own micro-directory (blog ranking) and compile a list of your favorite blogs in one place. OnToplist is also a social network that allows you and other bloggers to get in touch and promote your blog by attracting more readers.
5. Blogged.com is an interesting mix of a blog directory and a Google News type site which fuels its news feed from the blogs listed on the site. Blogged.com is very impressive and is free to list your blog.
Repeat the process over and over again to build a base of foundational articles and blog posts all over the internet. These will slowly start to create signups for you mailing list and build over time.