Just seemed like the meal to cook this weekend!
- 1 (19 ounce) package Italian Sausage, cut into 2-inch pieces & cooked
- 1 cup of cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup of cooked shrimp
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked minute rice
- 2 tablespoons Cajun Spice
- 1 handful of fresh parsley and basil
Mix all ingredients except shrimp and rice in a large slow cooker.
Cover and cook on low setting 7 to 8 hours (or high for 3 to 4 hours).
Stir in shrimp. Cover and cook on high heat about 1/2 hour or until shrimp are pink and firm.
Stir in rice. Cover, turn off the heat, let stand for 10 minutes.