Most of the people determined enough to start their own blog are less determined when it comes to the topic of their writing. Because writing about everything around you and anything in particular will work only if you’re already distinguished blogger or are famous for something else. Be concentrated to attract a concrete audience. And here are some points you may concentrate on:
- Blogging. Yes, there are many blogs around which tell how to blog. This may sound as a tautology, but the more people decide to be a blogger, the more they show interest in doing it right. This topic is not for freshmen, though as they rarely have something to teach others.
- Questions and Answers, How-to’s, etc. All the people have some problems, and they will definitely come to those who can solve the problems for them. That’s why answering the questions is an extremely popular niche. Just don’t be trivial here, don’t tell the facts and solutions that are known to everyone and set their teeth on edge. Share some of your experience and something surprising that worked. As for how-to’s, it’s because people prefer concrete recommendations and steps to the abstract descriptions.
- Relationships. Whatever happens in business and economy, this topic will never stop being actual for everyone. Time after time, we all face the problem with our partners, or coworkers, conflicts in the family… it’s even more common in our technological age, when personal contact is substituted by short messaging. And the author who will in simple language explain us how to cope with those difficult situations will be popular of no doubt.
- Social media. I don’t know a single person who would be not registered to some social media, and I suppose neither do you. Whether we want it or no, it’s a new, fast expanding part of our life, and it’s very popular among the writers due to the growing demand. Some want to read about tips and tricks, the others want to know how to use it for business, etc. Anyway, if SM is your cup of tea, it’s quite a good idea to get down to it.
- Making money online. The growing number of people are interested in making money, having only a laptop with internet access. Both students, doing the surveys or writing posts for several dollars, and guys whose interest are startups, online marketing and investment. This will be definitely not a leisure blog, but if written professionally and with useful advice, will attract serious and constant readers.
Once you’ve determined by the topic, it’s time to get down to writing. And one thing that you must remember: no matter what your topic is, your task now is to be interesting for readers, to be up-to-date and constantly developing. Only then you will remain an interesting author with a fresh view.
About the author: Paul Smith is a freelance writer who works for http://dissertationediting.org/. He has traveled a lot and wrote on the wide range of topics, including business, blogging and self-development.