Do not go where the path my lead; go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. Ralph Waldo Emerson
The topic today is Living Life on your Own Terms, but before we can do that we need to know what our ideal successful life would look like. We are going to look at “defining success”, what areas might be important to you, and principles for moving forward.
Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs:
- Food, Water, Warmth
- Personal Safety
- Connection to other people
- Feel Needed and respected
- Realize dreams and ambitions
10 Types of Success
- material success – money, cars, toys etc
- emotional success – relationships, self-esteem
- intellectual success – learning, understanding
- Spiritual success – sense of purpose, belonging
- Physical success – health, fitness
- Commercial Success – enterprise growth, profit, reputation
- Evangelical success – influencing others, promoting your ideals
- Environmental success – home, gardens, saving the planet
- Time Success – longevity, time management
- Collective Success – the product of effective team work
- Follow your Purpose
- Create a Plan
- Believe in yourself
- Create Value
- Have Fun along the way
- Take Inspired Actions
- Focus on your goal
- Align with your Personal Integrity
Questions to Focus your direction
- What are the three things I most want to achieve?
- Why are they so important to me?
- Which do I want to do first and why?
- When is it realistic for me to have achieved the first one?
- What are the first, small steps I must take?
- How can I measure my progress and keep on track?
- How will I know that I have achieved them?
Most importantly – Choose Passionately Every day! This is your life. You make the rules.
Elemental Forces of Creation Oracle Card for the week
We would love to hear how you are living life on your own terms, Stop by Google + and join the conversation