A raw food diet is considered to be at least 80% raw foods versus 20% conservatively cooked whole foods like vegetables, grains and legumes and 90-100% being considered the ideal. It is very important to emphasize that just by eating 50%, 60 % raw food, this alone can make a difference in a person’s life. There are so many benefits of adding raw foods in one’s diet. The incentive to follow a high raw whole food diet comes from the numerous health benefits it provides. Let’s face it. If there would be no advantages to eating a high raw diet why would you go through all the challenges of changing your eating habits? It would be easier to just eat cooked foods available at every corner of a street. The real thing that will convince you is the results. When your health problems or extra weight vanish just like magic that gives you a good incentive to pursue a raw and living food lifestyle.
I found personally over the years that the raw food diet gives me a stable energy and weight and freedom from degenerative diseases. I feel great! Exercise should I mention plays a big part in keeping you strong and vibrantly healthy.
Here is a list of the boundless benefits of a high raw vegan diet:
1. You’ll get superior nutrition. Raw fresh produce is nutrient dense, loaded with minerals, vitamins, antioxidants, phytonutrients, fiber, pure water, enzymes and life force largely pre-digested nutrients that are easily absorbed into your blood.
2. You’ll reach your optimal weight and maintain it for good.
3. You’ll become more attractive and look more beautiful or handsome. You’ll enjoy a radiant new skin tone. One of the best ways to improve the appearance of your skin is by incorporating raw food into your diet. Beautiful skin starts from the inside out. People who switch to eating mostly raw food often see an improvement in their skin and look younger. What goes into your body is reflective in your overall appearance.
4. You’ll fall asleep more quickly and easily, and you’ll need less sleep. When you remove nutritional stress by eating the right way your cortisol level comes down meaning the body can get into delta sleep. This is the deep, rejuvenating sleep, when the body repairs tissues and cells. It can only do that when cortisol levels are low enough.
5. You’ll be charged with vibrant energy, and experience strength, stamina, and vigor. As a result your activity and productivity level will increase.
6. Exercising becomes fun and even addictive. Your awakened body will demand it.
7. Your digestion will improve as alkaline, enzyme and fiber rich vegetables, sprouts and fruits are eaten in abundance. Raw foods digest very easily and the body doesn’t need to expend much energy to get nutrients from food. Cooked and processed foods take so much effort for the body to digest that the net energy gain from them is low. If you are eating foods that rob your body of energy, giving up those foods will increase your energy levels more than anything you could add to your diet. Digestion is, by far, the greatest energy sapper of any activity. Up to 70% of energy is spent on digestion and elimination on a conventional diet. Raw foods require up to 20% less energy to digest. The lighter the digestive load, the more energy we have.
8. You’ll become so healthy; you’ll be virtually sickness-free! First you’ll notice a disappearance of headaches, mucus expectoration, indigestion, constipation, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, coughs, acne, and other simple, though troublesome ailments. Eventually, you will no longer have the flu, pneumonia, bronchitis, asthma, allergies, arthritis, sore throats, heart problems, kidney problems, liver problems, sinusitis, tumors, or other diseases and ailments. You’ll reverse or stop degenerative diseases like diabetes, heart diseases, and cancer. You live free from fear of diseases.
9. Cooking creates free radicals, which are the major cause of cancer. When you lower the number of free radicals your cells are bombarded with, you lower your risk of cancer.
10. Research and real life experiences have also shown that a person can prevent the body’s healthy cells from turning into malignant cancerous cells by consuming mostly a raw food diet that includes whole organic foods.
11. According to a study found in The Journal of Nutrition following a raw food diet long-term can help lower the risk of cardiovascular disease, and lower the levels of total cholesterol and triglycerides.
12. A study shows a marked improvement in women’s menstrual cycle.
13. Recent mainstream scientific studies have shown that following a raw foods diet can lower the risk of cardiovascular disease, breast cancer, prostate cancer, diabetes, and other chronic diseases while aiding with maintaining a healthy weight, BMI, cholesterol levels, triglyceride levels, and strong healthy bones.
14. You can look forward to living longer and more pleasurably. It should come as no surprise that by preserving health, we preserve youth. You need not anticipate the suffering and diseases that generally accompany growing older. Your later years can be pain-free, satisfying, and fulfilling.
15. You’ll increase your brainpower and mental alertness. Your thinking will become sharper and deeper. You’ll gain in clarity and focus.
16. You’ll be relieved from anxiety and depression. The brain becomes more chemically balanced which helps with mood disorders.
17. You’ll radiate hope, enthusiasm, and energy to others. You’ll be an asset to the world instead of being or becoming a liability.
18. You’ll realize savings by discontinuing the purchase of costly and harmful products, such as meats, cheeses, seafood, processed foods, and junk foods, soda pop, cigarettes, alcoholic beverages, coffee, etc.
19. A sense of connectedness with nature.
20. When we eat in a healthy, harmonious way, our ability to attune and commune with the Divine is enhanced.
21. A plant based diet is environmentally sustainable. It saves enormous amounts of natural resources. Without using energy to cook, process and packaging our foods it saves trees and oil and less carbon dioxide is released into the atmosphere. Instead of animal farms we’ll see gardens and orchards helping to reverse the greenhouse effect.
The benefits exposed above are the state of superior health which can be attained by following the laws of life. Health comes by living healthfully. Although a raw food diet is a major turning point in health recovery and maintenance there are other factors that are of utmost importance: adequate sleep and rest, sunshine, stress management, proper exercise, and positive mental attitude. Implementing a balanced lifestyle will bring the best results.
Does it sound too good to be true? The proof of the pudding is in the eating. If it makes sense to you, try it for yourself. Thousands of people have recovered from degenerative diseases. Maybe you know someone. I’ve met personally many people who have recovered form arthritis, cancer and diabetes. Health is our birthright.
© 2010 Guylaine Lacerte