If you follow me on Facebook you would have seen me mention that I was reading Yanik Silver’s “Creating your Ultimate Big Life List” He walks you through a quick way to start your List … an awesome way to let the universe know the kinds of fun and interesting things you would like to be, do, have!
One of the areas that I really wanted to list, but that I drew a complete blank on was the “Top 5 Ways to make a difference”. I was felling like ..wwwooww “what huge ginormous thing could I do” and that freaked me out!, My little ego kicked in and I was thinking, what would other people think, what would other people do, would other people approve. With all that pressure, I decided to just move on and come back to that particular topic later. I filled out more of the lists and saved the file for another day.
Today I was catching up on my RSS reader *a lot of stuff to read there*
Zen Habits is one of my fav blogs and I read it first, before I get click happy on the “mark everything read” button 🙂
Leo always comes up with the best lists… today’s list “34 Little Ways to Share With the World”
This was perfect and set my mind at ease, there are so many things that I have already done/doing that is making a small but significant impact and there are so many other really easy ways to keep uping my game!
This is a partial list of the things the popped out to me, read the full list at Zen Habits and pick some things for yourself!
- Help an entrepreneur with a Kiva donation.
- Donate money, food, or others goods to charity.
- Put your favorite recipes on a blog and share with the world.
- Volunteer your expertise (whatever it is) to the world, and give those services to anyone who needs them.
- Give step-by-step instructions for doing something valuable you know how to do, online, for all to read.
- Give your books away to friends or charities.
- Start a community garden in your neighborhood, or contribute to an existing one.
- Start a CSA, or become a member of one that exists.
- Become a member of Freecycle, and participate.
- Join or form, and participate in a cooperative (food, bikes, books, housing, more).
- When someone wants to repay you for something, ask them to pay it forward instead.
- Sign up, participate, and contribute to bike sharing, car sharing, and other sharing organizations.
- Share your tips with others online or through a free ebook.
- Smile. Be compassionate in all human transactions.
I feel so much better about my contribution to the great good of the planet! And I have some more great ideas to follow up on!
What are you doing to make a difference?
PS if you we aren’t Facebook Friends yet… come on over http://www.facebook.com/lori.smith